top-quality, relevant and up-to-date insights into major markets, EFG Hermes
Research’s world-class products include:
- MENA and Frontier Investment Perspective Research
Yearbook: An annual
book that is internationally recognised as the most comprehensive guide to MENA
and Frontier equities.
- Combined sector/thematic notes: Collaborative efforts between our
various sector teams, who selectively analyse market sectors – including covered
stocks – in relevant economically and politically driven events.
- Research portfolio strategy updates: A portfolio consisting of the top
20 investment ideas across the MENA region, in accordance with changes in the
- Dubai Property Tracker: An insightful quarterly update of the
Dubai real estate sector.
- Dubai Property Chartbook: A monthly tracker of activity
in Dubai’s property market, including the number of transactions, transaction
value, mortgage vs. sales transactions, selling prices, rental yields and
- Index Matters: A flow-related product that covers the main
index events in the region, which include MSCI and FTSE quarterly index
reviews, as well as their annual country classification. It provides a preview
of our expected changes for stocks and countries under our coverage and the
implied flows as a result of these changes, as well as a review once the actual
results are out. We have had a high success rate in forecasting index events
across our coverage universe since 2013; also, we use Index Matters to generate
successful stock and/or country calls as a result.
- Ebb & Flow: This flow-related product includes comprehensive
coverage of trading breakdowns in Saudi Arabia (weekly basis) and for all major
MENA markets including the UAE, Egypt, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman (monthly), with
data covering foreign and GCC flows not only on a country level, but on the
sector and stock levels too.
- MENA Chemicals Monthly: A monthly report that tracks the
latest trends in the global petrochemical and fertiliser sector, focusing on the
MENA region. It also discusses our short-term views on the sector, individual
stocks and potentially attractive tactical calls.
- Core Views: A banking product that looks into the
core drivers of MENA financial stocks and shows a MENA financial model
portfolio. It adopts a top-down approach with our stock selection and preferred
exposure to countries with better outlook on loan and earnings growth, as well
as ROEs, with lower credit quality risks.
- Quarterly results commentaries: Notes that highlight value-added
aspects, by comparing analysts’ previews and reviews of company quarterly
- Morning round-ups: A daily news product that highlights our
analysts’ outlook on the top stories in MENA and Frontier markets, in addition
to providing brief equity updates.
- Market wrap-ups: A daily product published at the end of every
day after eight MENA markets and Pakistan conclude their sessions. The product
summarises the daily activity of each market, discussing market performance,
sector performance (if available), most active, best and worst performing
stocks, and market activity breakdown by investor type.
- MENA markets weekly and monthly stats: User-controlled excel files that
allow clients to drill down into MENA markets’ weekly and monthly data.
- Egypt Indices: A publication that tracks the movement of the
most active Egyptian stocks traded on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX), as well as the
Hermes Financial Index (HFI) and its sub-indices (EFGI, HFI Ex-EFGI and sector
- UAE Indices: A publication that tracks the most influential
stocks in Abu Dhabi’s Stock Market and Dubai’s Financial Market separately and
combined in the UAE Index.
- The Hermes MENA Indices: Composite indices that include public companies and banks in 13 stock
markets. The Hermes MENA indices track the performance of mid- and large-caps
trading in the MENA region, with a base value of 1,000 points as of 31 December
2007. The indices are revised and rebalanced at end of every calendar quarter (i.e., four times a year).